- Proportion : The relationship of two variables whose ratio is constant.
- Ratio : Relationship between two numbers of the same kind.
- Rate : A specific kind of ratio, in which two measurements are related to each other.
- 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _____km/h. Answer: 72km/h
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
1.) There are equivalent fraction because 3/4 * 4 = 12/16
2.) 4/9 is not equivalent because 4/9 * 4 = 16/36.
3.) If you use cross multiplication 3/4=12/16 they're both 48.
Part 4: The video's at the very bottom of this post.
- Does this seem fair? No this does not seem fair.
- With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? Nope.
- Why have you made this choice? Because he only took $100 instead of taking all of the money.
- What would you have done if you were the judge? If I was the judge I would've gave him a job so he could start living a better life.