Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Jesryll's Fraction Scribepost

Hello 8-14!


Today we learned about reciprocals.


Reciprocals are the fraction when you multiply, it equals to 1 (one). The easiest to find it is to just flip the fraction over.


You have to put it like a fraction. Then, you have to make the 6 as fraction so it's going to be 6/1. Next you make the 1/2 reciprocals. Multiply it you get 1 and do the same thing on top you get 12.

Also I solve it by using number line.


You make a number line and multiply it by how much it's supposed to be multiplied. For example: 6÷1/2=12. You divide the number line by halves and count how many times it goes into your number.

We also learned on how to divide fraction by whole numbers.

I draw a picture of 1/4 and break it into 3.

Here is the video explaining on how to divide fraction by whole numbers. (skip to 1:10 )





 Here is the Link on how to do the reciprocals

hope you all understand it! (sorry for the late post)
have a wonderful night :)

My test corrections:

My first mistake was the computer terminology question:

My second mistake was the pie question:

My last mistake was the 5/6 x  1/2...

8 comments:

  1. Good job! I liked how you used your own pictures to explain what we learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Like how you did your pics and the the video

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I like how you explained everything really well and made pictures to make it really easy for us to understand. I also like how you found a video and link to was related to the topic that we are learning. I don't really have anything that I think you need to improve on because you weren't really missing anything from our criteria unless you want to take more time on your next post and make your own video instead of finding one off of youtube. Great job once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job! You explained the methods clearly and your pictures were very helpful. I think your video was great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how you explained everything really clear, and also made pictures to make it easier for us to understand. Also I liked how you found a video and also a link to the topic we are learning in class. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job Jesryll! I liked how you explained everything clearly and your writing on your pictures was clear enough for me to see. Also, I liked how you put a video and a link to what we're learning in class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good JOb it really helped me understand it better and the video was good and i liked how you showed how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job it really helped me understand it better and the video was good and i liked how you showed how you do it.

    ReplyDelete