Ratio- a ratio shows the relative sizes of two or more values.
Rate- is a ratio that compares two or more quantities of different units.
Proportion- is an equation that is written in fraction form stating the two ratios are equal.
1. 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _______km/h.
2. Emma saves 28 cents for every $1 she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save last week?
What are three ways that you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
1. Does this seem fair?
2. With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair?
3. Why have you made this choice? Because the CEO stole 3 BILLION dollars and was sentence for only 4 MONTHS. The homeless man stole only 100 dollars and yet was sentenced for 15 YEARS. The homeless man has reason that he stole that money but does the CEO have a reason? I think it's not fair.
4. What would you have done if you were the judge?
I'll switch their charges I'll sentence the CEO longer and the homeless man shorter.
I think the kid is 5'2 and multiplied by 3 and I got 15'6. I think 15'6 is the tree.