Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gem's Fraction Scribepost

Textbook pages 228-229























If you still don't understand how to divide fractions, watch this video!

Here is a link to also help you on how to divide fractions: http://www.mathplayground.com/fractions_div.html

My test corrections: 

My first mistake on the test was the question.. "Tamar had 1/2 of an apple pie in her refrigerator. She ate 1/4 of this piece of pie. What fraction of a whole pie did she eat?" I did not draw the picture so I did the manipulatives method.

The correct way to answer this question was:


















Another question I made a mistake on was the first question on the bottom section.
 - This question asked us to use a question, picture and math to solve the question.
I did the picture, math right but I did not do the question right.

5/6 x 1/2=5/12

I wrote "How many groups of 1/2 goes into 5/6?

The right answer to this question was supposed to be "What is 5/6 groups of 1/2?"

No comments:

Post a Comment