Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Emerald's Fraction Scribepost

Pages 228-229 in the textbook.

11. In a comedy review, each performer has a 1/4-h slot. How many performers are in a 2-hour show? = 8 performers are in a 2 hour show.

















12. It takes 2 1/2 scoops of flour to make one cake. How many cakes do 15 scoops of flour make? = 6 scoops of flour. 

















13. Three quarters of a can of apple juice fills six glasses. How many glasses will a whole can of apple juice fill? = 8 glasses. 

















For more understanding on how to divide fractions, watch this video!


TEST CORRECTIONS 

My first mistake was on the first section of the test, where the question asks 16/9 - 3/2.
I had converted the fractions into mixed numbers, where I came up with 3 5/18. But the supposed answer is 5/18.

My second mistake was the one that asks, "In computer terminology, a bit is 1/8 of a byte. How many bits equal 16 bytes?" 
My mistake was that I went, 1/8 x 1/16 = 2/128. The right answer is 128 bits.















The third mistake I made was the one about Tamar and apple pie.
My mistake was that I answered 1/4. But the right answer was 1/2 x 1/4 = 1/8.

The other mistakes I made were on the bottom where I drew all three pictures wrong, and I got the phrases wrong as well. 
The correct answer for the 1st one was, What is 5/6 groups of 1/2? 
The correct answer for the 2nd one was, How many groups of 1/3 are in 1/2? 
The correct answer for the 3rd one was, How many groups of 1/2 are in 5/8?

The correct answers for the pictures were... 



No comments:

Post a Comment