- ratio- a pair that compares two different numbers. e.g. 5:23
- rate- a pair that compares two different different numbers that have different units. 25km:hour
- proportion- a pairing that shows that two rates/ratios are equal. 5:12mm = 10:24mm
- 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _72__km/h.
- Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save? .28 x 75=21. Emmy saved $21
3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
1. 3x4=12 4x4=16 (Top method)
2. 3/3=1--1x4=4 12/3=4--4x4=16 (Side method)
3. 3x6=48/4=12 (Cross method)
4/9 = 16/38. This does not work, so the fractions are not equal. 4x4=16. 9 x 4=36
Part 4Find a video about using proportion and embed it in your post. Make sure you select the small size of the video. (Bonus Marks if you make your own video about proportion and embed it)
We are starting to engage in discussions about social justice. What do you think about this image below. Use the link to copy it into your post. Then answer the questions
- Does this seem fair? Not at all.
- With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? No.
- Why have you made this choice? The CEO has stolen 3 billion, and is going to jail for 4 months, but he should have gotten a longer time, because he has stolen a huge amount. The homeless man stole 100 dollars, and is serving way too much time in jail. The times are unfair, and they do not seem right for the amounts of money they both took.
- What would you have done if you were the judge? If I were the judge, I would have given them a just amount of serving time that went with the money they stole. The times might as well be switched.
How tall are these trees, and how tall would five trees be if they were put end to end?