1. Ratio: A pair of numbers that compares with different kinds of units
2. Rate: Compares two numbers, each measured in different units
3. Proportion: A relationship that says the ratio and rate are equal
1. 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _____km/h. Answer: Divide 360 by 5 equals 72km/h
2. Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save last week? Answer: Multiply 28 x 100 = 2800 divided by 73 = 37.3. Emma saved 37 dollars and 30 cents last week.
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32 Answer: 1. Cross multiplication 2. Side Method 3. Equivalent Fractions
Find a video about using proportion and embed it in your post. Make sure you select the small size of the video.
1. Does this seem fair? No this isn't fair.
2. With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? It is not fair.
3. Why have you made this choice? Just for stealing $100 dollars he gets 15 years? that is cruel.
4. What would you have done if you were the judge? I would not send him to jail because he is trying to feed himself to stay alive.