the relation between two numbers, or more.
The ratio of 5 to 2, written 5:2 or 5/2.
a certain quantity or amount of one thing considered in to a unit of another thing and used as a measure:
The relation between things like the size, quantity, number, etc.; ratio.
1. 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _____km/h.
360 ÷ 5 = 72
2. Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save last week?
0.28 x 75 = 21
3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
1. A way that you could prove that equivalent ratio statements are true is by multiplying horizontally and you may also divide.
2. The second way that you could prove that equivalent ratio statements are true is by dividing vertically also known as the side method.
3. The third way that you could prove that equivalent ratio statements are true is by cross multiplying.
3/4 is equivalent to 12/16 because:x 4 --> 3/4 <-- x 4
4/9 is not equivalent to 16/ 32 because:
x 4 --> 4/9 <-- x 4
1. Does this seem fair?
No this is not fair.
2. With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair?
Not at All
3. Why have you made this choice? This is a choice I have made because the homeless man who doesn't have anything, just stole $100 dollars, But he was sentenced to jail for 15 years. The CEO stole 3 billion dollars and was sentenced for only 40 months. Which is basically 3 years and 4 months. I don't think this is fair at all because a homeless man who has no food to eat and nowhere to stay stole $100 dollars but was totally honest with the police and returned the money, got sentenced to jail for 15 years. But the CEO who steals 3 billion dollars only gets sentenced for 3 years and 4 months.
4.What would you have done if you were the judge?
If I was the judge I would've just gave the homeless man a warning and not put him in jail, it's not his fault that he is homeless. I also probably would've let him keep the money and maybe even give him some more money but tell him that stealing money or anything is never the right thing because next time he could probably end up in prison. For the CEO I would've told the company to get that person fired, I would also sentence the CEO for a longer time in jail because that is a very large amount of money that the person stole compared to the homeless man who only stole $100 dollars.
How tall is the tree on the left?
Answer: Well I measured the boy and he was about 5'0-5'5. So I measured how many of the him stacked on top of each other would be needed to be the same height as the tree. Around 3 of this boy is the same height as the tree. So I took 5.0 and multiplied it by 3 and got 15.I also multiplied 5.5 by 3 and got 16.5. This means that the tree is about 15-17 feet tall.