- proportion-the relationship of two variables whose ratio is constant
- ratio- relationship between two numbers of the same kind
- rate-a specific kind of ratio, in which two measurements are related to each other
- 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _____km/h. The answer is 72km/h
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
1.) There are equivalent fraction because 3/4 * 4 = 12/16
2.) 4/9 is not equivalent because 4/9 * 4 = 16/36.
3.) If you use cross multiplication 3/4=12/16 there both 48.
Find a video about using proportion and embed it in your post. Make sure you select the small size of the video. (Bonus Marks if you make your own video about proportion and embed it)
- Does this seem fair? No
- With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair?
- Why have you made this choice?
- What would you have done if you were the judge?