Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Arizza's Pay It Forward

Part 1: 
" What is Pay It Forward? "
Pay it forward, is a movement, of act of kindnesses. You do good things, without expecting anything in return for it. Pay It Forward also represents, even doing little things, can make a big difference! To me, I think Pay It Forward, is when you do something, that hopefully makes them feel happy, and makes you feel good inside! When one person starts something good, and the people who he/she helped, looks up to him/her and does the same thing to other people. It's a helping-hand chain!

Part 2: 
" What was Your Pay It Forward, act of kindness? "

Tina, Mikee, and I went to Winnipeg Harvest to help volunteer  on sorting out potatoes  and onions, into individual boxes for some hampers, for the Christmas Cheer board, that'll Harvest will be sending out to more then 54,000 people.

(Mikee holding a potato)

Why did you choose this activity? 
We chose this activity to do, because we know how many families out there who don't get enough for Christmas, and instead of being happy and celebrating it, they have to stress on how to feed themselves, or supply their families. We thought, if we could at least help to package some hampers, we would feel good, and know that some of those families, won't be starving, or not have enough food for Christmas, and days to come.

Who did you help?
We helped Winnepeg Harvest, and also a bunch of also great citizens, sort out boxes and boxes of potato and onions.

What did you do?
We helped Harvest sort good potatoes, and also bad potatoes that have molds, and dents, also some onions.
When did you do you act of kindness?
We went to Winnipeg Harvest, on December 8th, 2012, around 9:00am, to volunteer.

Part 3:

How did your act of kindness go?
Our act of kindness went really well, we even had a great time!

What Happened?
We helped organize the potatoes into boxes, the good potatoes, and the bad potatoes, we threw into a
 huge garbage bin.

How did you feel?
After my experience, I felt good, and I know that'll whoever will be receiving the potatoes, and onions, won't have to worry about no food, and stuff like that. I also had a lot of fun there, because the people were so nice. 

How did the person or people react?
Possibly, the people thought we were doing a great deed, especially how we're helping at a young age, and also other schools as well!

Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
They weren't many supervisors/volunteers around as much when we were working,
so we didn't get to tell them.. Sadly.
-How did they react to your request?
-If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?


Part 4: 

Why is the idea of 'Pay it Forward' important? "
" Has your act of kindness made a difference? "

Why I believe, Pay It Forward, is important is because, it teaches people, like me, how to learn how to give, and not expect to get. Not to be selfish with each other, and also if I know, I already have enough, I should also give to people who are needing.

I think  that my act of kindness has made a difference because, first of all, I think I'm not alone, even if Tina, and Mikee were there, but also many others. I almost forgot to mention, that our Tour Guide, and also speaker to us, told us that many of the others who work at Harvest, not all get paid, they just go there to work, for their free time, and I thought it was amazing that people would actually do that! 

*Here is also a video, that Tina and I made of our experience at Winnipeg Harvest!


No comments:

Post a Comment