Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Kamilah's Pay It Forward

Part 1 

What Is Pay It Forward?

   Pay It Forward is doing or showing an act of kindness to a complete stranger or someone you know and expect nothing in return. Even if what you did is small or big, just remember that what you did had an impact in someone's life. Doing simple things can really mean a lot, like if you do something good to a person and what if that person does that to another person? You just never know what could happen. Pay It Forward is like doing something to make a change and it could be start by one person. Tell the people that you helped that they can repay you by doing an act of kindness to someone else or simply ask them to pay it forward.


Part 2

What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
Why did you choose this activity? 
Who did you help?
What did you do?
When did you do you act of kindness?

   My Pay It Forward act of kindness was donating old clothes and old toys to Salvation Army. I chose this activity because I thought that by donating clothes I could help someone that can't afford to buy one. I have a lot of clothes of that I don't use anymore or clothes that I bought but I didn't use so, I thought to myself "Hey, why don't I donate this and people can use them instead of me just hiding them". I think I helped some people who can't afford to buy some clothes. We also donated money that costs $10.71. We didn't know that you could also donate money in the store so we didn`t bring any, but the lady said it doesn`t matter how much we donate just the fact that we tried to help, so we combined all of our coins and she told us that every penny counts. We donated old clothes and money to Salvation Army. I did my act of kindness on December 1, 2012 around 2 pm. 




The clothes we donated.


The Lady that works at Salvation Army gave this to us after we donated $10.71.






Part 3

How did your act of kindness go?
What Happened?
How did you feel?
How did the person or people react?
Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
How did they react to your request?
If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?

   My act of kindness went great because I know that I helped someone and I know that whoever will receive the things we donate will be happy. I picked out some clothes that I didn't use anymore or clothes that I don't like and donated them to Salvation Army. After we donated them I felt good about myself because I was able to help someone I don't know. When we donated the clothes the lady was very happy and she also said that what we did was great. She was also happy about the school project. Yes, we asked the lady to Pay It Forward. The lady reacted by saying she will tell other friends and try to do it. 


Part 4

Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
Has your act of kindness made a difference?
   The idea of Pay It Forward is important because it's shows that one person can make a difference no matter what age you are adult, teenager or a children, as long as you want to make a difference no one can stop you from doing it. Little things or big things it all makes a difference, from holding the door open somebody to donating $1000 dollars to a charity. Don't ever think that what you're doing doesn't help anyone because once that person you helped realized what you did, that person you helped will do it for another person and it will become a chain reaction. My act of kindness made a difference because after I donated I asked the person I helped to pay it forward instead of asking for something in return. Be The Change! 

No comments:

Post a Comment