Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Emerald's Pay It Forward


Part 1
What is "Pay it Forward". To complete this part please edit and revise the paragraphs that you wrote after watching the movie.  

Pay It Forward is basically showing acts of kindness towards other people, and not asking for anything in return. It all starts with one person and it can lead to many people doing good things to other people and those people do it to other people, and so on. This doesn't have to big. You can do one little thing and it can literally change a person's life. 


Part 2
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
Why did you choose this activity? 
Who did you help?
What did you do?
When did you do you act of kindness?

My Pay It Forward was donating food to the Winnipeg Harvest. I chose this activity, because I knew that my mom had a lot of canned food and extras in our cupboard that I knew she wasn't going to use. So why not give it to someone else who might actually need it? In doing this, I got to give people who were hungry, food to last them the winter. I thought that was better, than letting it sit in my cupboard, when there are people who actually would appreciate having it for dinner or sometime. I did my act of kindness on Saturday, December 1st, around 3 pm. 

This was the food that I donated to Winnipeg Harvest, 
which they deliver to food banks around the province. 
Part 3
How did your act of kindness go?
What Happened?
How did you feel?
How did the person or people react?
Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
How did they react to your request?
If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?

My act of kindness went very well. I should also mention that when I was about to go in, I was really nervous, but then I felt the heater from the building and the sweet lime scent that really made my worries go away. So basically, I went inside Winnipeg Harvest, which is just located behind the Lucky's Supermarket. My dad was there with me, who helped me carry the stuff. A lady was there, and she asked me to put the plastic bags on a weighing scale. So she weighed the food and she totaled them, where she wrote it on a sheet. When I was still there, I actually felt really good in a way, because I knew I'd done something good and that people can use and enjoy the things I know I never really used or needed. The lady there reacted really grateful that we had something to give, and she was really nice. I honestly did not ask the lady or any people there to "pay it forward" because in a way, I already knew that they were going to pay it forward by delivering the things to hungry people and literally trying to get rid of the need for food banks in our community. 

Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
Has your act of kindness made a difference?

I think the idea of "Paying it Forward" is very important. I think it makes people actually think about what they could do to make a difference, instead of going on with their everyday lives. I also think it's important that people know about what goes on in their community, or anywhere else, instead of only caring about their own needs, but should care about other peoples' needs as well. I think that my act of kindness made a difference, because you do not need to be a very special person or do a very special thing to make someone's day or make a difference in the world. I hope that my act of kindness have made these people aware that there are people in Winnipeg who care about them and want to give them what they need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment