Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Alyssa's Pay it Forward

Part 1
What is "Pay it Forward". To complete this part please edit and revise the paragraphs that you wrote after watching the movie. 
 Pay it Forward is a movement, where you get to do random acts of kindness, and you ask for nothing in return. Pay it Forward is an amazing way of helping people, and spreading out the cause. When you do this you don't ask for money or a payment in return, you tell them to "Pay it Forward", or help other people instead. It's a really simple process that you do, just to help random people, or people that you know.
 
Part 2
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
Why did you choose this activity?
Who did you help?
What did you do?
When did you do you act of kindness?

I actually did two acts of kindness. The first thing I did was that I gave toys to the Christmas Cheerboard, for kids who will probably get nothing for Christmas. I chose to do this, because I realized that while we're getting tons of expensive gifts, there are kids that get nothing. In doing this, I got to help kids have a nice Christmas, and I also got to help the Christmas Cheerboard fill up their boxes. I did my act of kindness on November 24th, in the afternoon.
My second act of kindness was that I gave Thank-You letters to my grade 5 and 6 teachers. I chose to do this because those teachers helped me understand that I could become a leader, and an amazing citizen. I helped my teachers light up and feel very proud of themselves. I did my act of kindness at lunch, on November 29th.




These are the letters I gave to my teachers. I couldn't get pictures because of privacy reasons.

This is the certificate I got for helping out!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Part 3
How did your act of kindness go?
What Happened?
How did you feel?
How did the person or people react?
Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
How did they react to your request?
If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?
My first act of kindness went really well. I went to the warehouse, and gave one of the workers my toys; she was really nice about it and happy as well. I felt really awkward at first, but then, I felt very happy and I began to feel very gracious. The worker was surprised to see that I was donating toys, and not an adult. I told the worker that I hoped that the toys would go to a nice family, and that they should continue doing what they do. The worker reacted very surprised, and thankful.
My second act of kindness went very well, also. I went to my school and gave my Grade 5 teacher her letter. As I was doing so, I feel very amazing, and there was kids watching, so I felt proud as well. My teacher actually started crying, and she was very happy; in fact, she hugged me and told me that I was one of her favourite students. I told her, in the letter, that I wish that she would Pay It Forward as well, and help people.
Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
Has your act of kindness made a difference? 
The idea of Paying it Forward is very important. That's because we usually don't think about other people, or help people expecting something in return. We all need to learn how to become gratuitous people, and we need to learn that we do not always need something in return.
I think my acts of kindness made a difference. That's because, now, some kids will get some Christmas gifts from "Santa", and because my teachers can now smile and feel proud and content.

No comments:

Post a Comment