Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Jessica Da Silva's Pay it Forward

Part 1

What is "Pay it Forward?"
Pay it Forward is the time when you do an act of kindness for someone in need. You do it for the people who may not be as lucky as we are. The one's who don't have food, clothing, shelter etc. It's the time where you put in some effort and make a difference. It's not just something that you do that only took 3 minutes or something that you just put together in less than 1 hour. It's when you make a change in someone's life by doing what you think you need to do to help this person by making their life so much better. This project is not about helping the whole world on your own. It's about taking it one step at a time and making a difference in 1 or 2 people's lives little by little and letting them know what "Pay it Forward" is about so that they can help others as well. This is supposed to be the process where we all Pay it Forward together and make the world a better place for all of us.

Part 2

What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
My act of kindness was baking 78 cake pops and selling them at my mom's work for $1.00 each. Then collecting all the money raised and donating the money to the Ladybug Foundation.

Why did you choose this activity?
I chose this act of kindness because I think by donating the money to the Ladybug Foundation will help those to spread awarenesses and raise funds to assist operating charitable organizations which provide food, shelter, and other needs of the homeless and near homeless in Canada.

Who did you help?
I helped the homeless or near homeless in need of food, shelter, and other important factors of life that we need to live our daily life.

When did you do you act of kindness?
I did my act of kindness on Friday November 30th, 2012 as well as Saturday December 1st, 2012.






Part 3
 
How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went really well. I had a fun time "Paying it Forward" and spreading the word to others to "Pay it Forward" as well. It was such a great project to do and I had such a great time!

What Happened?
Well quite a bit of things happened. First, I made cake pops. Then I went to my mom's work and sold the cake pops there. I sold 78 cake pops for $1.00 which means I made $78.00. After, I donated the $78.00 to the Ladybug Foundation.

How did you feel?
I felt pretty excited that I was actually going to "Pay It Forward" and try to make a difference. After donating the money to the Ladybug Foundation, I felt super proud of myself. I couldn't believe that I actually made a difference. I was so proud!

How did the person or people react?
The people reacted kind've weirdly at the beginning because they had no idea what "Pay It Forward" actually was and what it mean't. After explaining it to them, they thought it was such a great project to do and they really wanted to get involved and "Pay It Forward" as well.

Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
I did ask the people at my mom's work to pay it forward by putting tags on the cake pops to let them know to "Pay It Forward" as well so the chain would continue.

How did they react to your request?
They thought it was an amazing stand that a young 12 year old girl was so interested in making a difference in the world and also taking the time to put so much effort into this project. Also, standing up for what she believes in and letting us know that we should "Pay It Forward" as well.

Part 4
 
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
It is important because we need to take chance and stand up for those people in need that are to shy to ask for help in their lives. It is also important because people out on the streets today don't look up to future expectations like we do. After walking the streets, when the stars come out and the moon shines bright, these people don't have a place to sleep or even stay, unlike us. We have a cozy bed to sleep in and a roof over our heads everyday no matter where we are.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
It has made a difference because I have changed the lives of some of those homeless people out on the streets today. I know there is still a lot more that need our help and I'm willing to spend my time helping those people as well even though it takes little steps to achieve a big goal and also it takes the effort of others as well as myself to make a BIG change in this world. So, if by myself I made a little change in the world, imagine how big the change would be if we all pitch in and do little things to make the world a better place. Sometimes the little things we do make a big difference to our life backgrounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment