Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Jessie's Pay It Forward

Part 1
What is "Pay it Forward". To complete this part please edit and revise the paragraphs that you wrote after watching the movie. 

Pay It Forward is simple acts of kindness towards other people, and not asking for anything in return. It starts with one person and it can lead to a chain reaction of people doing good things for other people and those people doing it to other people, and so on. It doesn't have to be big. You can do something little and it can literally change a person's perspective on others and maybe even their life.

Part 2
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
Why did you choose this activity?
Who did you help?
What did you do?
When did you do you act of kindness?
 
My act of kindness for Pay It Forward was donating food to Winnipeg Harvest. I chose this activity because I thought it about how much non-perishable foods that my relatives and I have that they probably won't be using. So I thought, "Hey, why not donate these?". I thought that instead of helping one person, I thought I could probably help a family or a few people that are hungry and can help out with food that can last the Winter season. I gathered food from my cousins and other relatives, also from my cabinet in my basement. I put them in a box and brought it down to Winnipeg Harvest. I brought it down at about 8:15 AM on December 4th 2012.
 
Part 3


How did your act of kindness go?
What Happened?
How did you feel?
How did the person or people react?
Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
How did they react to your request?

My act of kindness went better than I thought. I brought it down to Winnipeg Harvest and they asked me to weigh the box. Apparently the box was 25 kilograms. I felt great knowing that the food would help someone in need of a meal. The lady reacted very greatful that I donated food. She asked me if I wanted a thank you card sent to me, but I said no thanks. Instead I told her to Pay It Forward. They thought it was amazing that someone as me would try to make a change in the community that can spread to the world. They were very happy that I was trying to and I hope they Pay It Forward to someone else.
 
 
Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
Has your act of kindness made a difference?
 
 
I think the idea of "Paying it Forward" is really important. I think it makes people think about what they could do to make a difference in their community instead of going on with their daily lives. I think it's also important that people know about what happens in their community and maybe anywhere else instead of only caring about their own needs. Which means they should care about others needs as well. I think that my act of kindness made a difference because you do not need to be an important person or do a special thing to make another person's day or make a difference in the community. I'm hoping that my act of kindness has made people aware that there are people in this city who care about them and want to help them with what they need.
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment